The Historic Landing Tavern is the longest, continually running business in Russells Point. Opening in 1924 as Rosemary’s Bar B Que, over the next two decades the restaurant went through many name changes and business variations- such as The Rainbow Room featuring dancing girls in the 1930’s and Katie’s Kitchen during WWII. Many businesses struggled during WWII and despite this, Katie had a thriving business. She seemed to know how to make the rations stretch, and at one point she was cited for using canned dog food in her chili. However, this didn’t seem to bother her patrons as they still lined up for her chili! The next few decades the business changed hands many times, and was even briefly a Chinese restaurant, The House of Qua, in the early 1970’s. It wasn’t until 1975 when John Lodge purchased the business, that it finally was given the name it has today- The Landing. Today, Bruce Huhn and Julie Lahr are at the helm of The Landing. In December 2017, shortly after they acquired the business, theyhad an electrical fire. Despite this, The Landingre-opened. The inside received a few updates while at the same time, maintaining its original charm.
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner- their menu has maintained all The Landingclassics. Favorites include: fried chicken, burgers, stuffed clams, and their Thursday meatloaf special. They also remain active in the community by donating to local organizations and are a favorite spot among locals.
Congratulations to The Landing Tavern, October’s Business of the Month.