History of Indian Lake
Indian Lake began as Old Indian Lake. Originally formed by a glacier, the 640 acre kettle lake was expanded to a 1,000 acre in 1851 and renamed the Lewistown Reservoir. In 1856 the lake was enlarged again, and work was completed in 1860. In 1895, Lakeview becomes a village. Russells Point becomes a village in xxxx. In 1898 the State of Ohio made the Lewistown Reservior into a state park and renamed it Indian Lake. This helped grow Indian Lake into a tourist destination.